Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What a way to start a day part 2 or Max is defeated

What a way to start a day (part2) by alan

If you have read part one you know we had a problem with Max biting Otto.
From that point on we had him in his kennel we fed him, cleaned his kennel but he would not let us put a leash on him to bring him out. Based on what had happened we felt he should not be out loose. I asked the guard Benson to put a choker collar on him and he was afraid saying he had been bitten 3 times before. When Protus the other watchman tried, Max copped a big attitude and gave his warning growl. I was at wits end since Rhonda who is staying in the guest house was awoken every night because we were not letting Max out since the incident. He would jump on the roof of his hose and bark and whine defiantly. Benson suggested we move Max’s house from the kennel behind Rhonda’s room to another location. This left only the task of getting Max out on a leash!!!

I thought about it and wondered if God had sent me to Africa to discipline a dog?
Then it occurred to me “ask God”
So I called on him and he answered saying;
Then God said, “let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Gen 1:26

I thought about this who is the “Our” God is referring to here? It must be the Lord & Spirit so I prayed and the Spirit came over me.

I prepared my self to take Dominion over Max since God does not lie! I became bold!

We entered Max’s cage and I approached Max, he growled I tried to calm him down as I wanted to put a muzzle on him to take him out of the cage. He turned on me as I approached him and he attacked my foot! I had been prepared so I had put my boots on. That is when I jumped on him. Pinned him in the corner, grabbed his collar and held him down. He was not exactly cooperating. As a matter of fact he was not acting in a Christian way. All the time I knew if I let him up he would bite me. Protus proceeded to put the Muzzle on him as I held him Max went berserk to say the least! Finally we had him muzzled. And we let him out. Much to my chagrin he managed to get the muzzle off rather quickly. No one said Max was dumb just determined. So we had no choice but let him return to his kennel the victor.

By this time I was so elated in the Spirit, soaked with sweat and in an adrenaline rush all at the same time.
So I asked God and he said:

“Walk in the AUTHORITY’ I have given you”

So Protus and I went in again and put a leash on Max, walked him out of the kennel and over to the post we had planned to chain him to. And that is when it happened he went berserk again. He wrapped him self around the pole and was attempting to bite Protus. I grabbed him by the collar and began to attempt to restrain him then he tried to bite me too. Then I realised I had him so tight he was choking himself out. I grabbed his ear and he could no longer turn his head to bite me. He had been defeated. (Watching ultimate fighting finally bore fruit!) At this point Benson had arrived and he was scared to death of coming near Max and putting the chain on him. It took only minutes but it seemed like an eternity till we finally had him on the chain and could let go of him.

That is when I realised it was not us but the chain that Max feared.
That God had chosen me for a time like this.
I was in His will for my life.
And I would :
“Walk in the AUTHORITY I have been given,” from this point forward I knew, that I knew, that I knew, as a friend of mine would say since Janet Foreman had spoken these exact words over me, in prayer a little over a month ago.

all of this before breakfast! What a way to start a day!

Me me Mzungu Hatari (Dangerous Whiteman)
Me me Mzungu Mpole (Polite Whiteman)
alan
assistant problem solver

No comments: