Saturday, November 3, 2007

The trip to Kitale

The trip to Kitale


So after 2 days delay in order to take care of things in Donholm we had a quiet day Wednesday, We went to town and bought a bus ticket and had lunch with Pastor Mark from Athi River. We were back in Donholm by 2 Pm. Lillian came to visit. Esther and Lillian went and said goodbye to Jessica and took her a birthday present. Jessica’s birthday is November 8th, 1993. I lay down and took a nap!!!

I was awoken at 6:00 PM by a call from Elizabeth to tell me she was now back from the hospital with Wilbroda, who was released the day before. Praise the Lord. Esther and Lillian soon arrived and we moved all our bags downstairs and sat down and had a drink waiting for the taxi. There here was no time to go back and visit Wilbroda much to our chagrin. The taxi arrived, we loaded everything and said good bye and off we went to Nairobi for the bus. We had left lots of time since there are often serious traffic jams. About half way to the bus station I realized I did not have my BACK PACK!!!!! It had my laptop in it, passports, wallet, ID, lots of cash (to name a few things) and this is why I hand carry it always. Somehow in the hustle and bustle I had left it at the table in the restaurant - a restaurant in Africa. WOW.

Panic set in. But just as quickly I realized that God had revealed this to me so He was watching over it. This is what I call faith. Still, it is hard to control the physiological and psychological reactions to such a situation. So I prayed and right away I calmed down. John the driver took quick action and headed back through the Industrial area to avoid the jam. I called Murage the manager of the restaurant and he confirmed he had it. Now I needed only that the contents to be intact and to beat the traffic jam in order to make the bus. God was in control and by this point we knew we had made it.

We arrived at 8:40 over ½ an hour early with all intact. Thank God.
The ride was rough but I managed to sleep a few hours and we arrived safe and sound in Kitale. It sure felt good to sleep in a bed and have no rush in the morning to deal with.

alan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sound like you both are having lots of fun. I keep reading all the updates Thanks...
Love shawn